Friday 12 November 2010

Let's go shopping at Woolworths


The CEO's administrative assistant has been such a great help for me during my first week., Today she said "you need to go shopping and get some food for your evening meals". I also needed to pick up some ties as I left mine back in KC. She said "Let's go to Woolworths". I'm thinking are they still in business? The first one built in the USA was in Utica NY. I've been there. Not too exciting. But here in Joberg Woolworths is like Walmart on steroids (high end items) along with a grocery store, pharmacy etc. I picked up enough single dinners to last a week along with food to share at lunch at the office. I'm trying for the first time, some native S. African dishes. So far I'm in heaven. Very delicious. I also remembered to pick up three ties. It was nice to have a second opinion with me as I made my selection.

Bottom line, I am not surprised that Joberg has such wonderful shopping malls, but to say "..... lets go to Woolworths" just struck me funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment